Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Introducing Archer Jeffrey Disney!

On Monday, March 22 at 11:00 AM, I was admitted to Baptist Health Medical Center. After just a few pieces of paper work and changing into what is probably the most fashionable hospital gown (haha) I found myself settled into a Labor & Delivery room. It was quite comfortable and spacious. After what seemed like seconds, I was hooked up to an IV and was receiving pitocin to bring on my labor. I was told that I should try to rest, but seeing as I was entirly to excited, I knew that was pretty much out of the question. Nick took this picture before all of the "action" started.

After about an hour, Dr. Wyatt came into the room to give me a check up and see what my progress was. After doing so, he broke my water. Talk about a huge chain of events. It seemed as if I had only been in the hospital for just a few moments. I guess that is because after my water breaking, the day seemed to slow down quite dramatically. I managed to handle the pain of labor until 8 p.m. when my nurse Christina highly recommended that I go ahead with an epidural so that I could get some sleep. I said okay and shortly the aneistesiologist was hooking me up to an I.V. The whole process was more uncomfortable then painful. Apparently, most women have about a cenitmeter in wich to get the epidural placed correctly...and I only have 1/4 a centimeter. This made things a little more challenging, but we somehow managed to get the drugs flowing. I did manage to get some sleep, but woke up at about 3 a.m. with sharp pains. I quickly realized that my epidural had come undone and was leaking all over my shoulder. That was fixed as quickly as possible, but I still managed to feel pain for what seemed like forever before the meds continued to work. I don't think I fell back asleep again that morning for more then about 15 minutes at a time.
Fast forward to 8:30 a.m. Dr. Wyatt examined me and told me we would go head and start pushing. After he taught me how to correctly push, he left me with my nurse Mandy to continue pushing and see if we couldn't get our baby to crown. With as much help from Nick and my mother in law, I pushed for two hours. The epidural had pretty much worn off at this point and things where tough. I was hooked up to oxygen. After the two hours our little man was making no progress down the birth canal. Dr. Wyatt came in and said I could continue to push, but he highly reccommended I head in for a cesarian section. As exhausted and scared as I was, I opted for the surgery. I will save you the gory details of the surgery, but at 11:21...Archer Jeffrey Disney finally made his debut. I didn't get to see him for what felt like an eternity. I soon heard him cry and they showed me his little face. It was an undescribable moment for me. A moment that didn't last very long because Archer was wisked away quickly. He was unresponsive and a NICU team had to work on him to make him all better.

After I was stitched and stapled, they wheeled me into the NICU where I got my first official glimpse of our baby. Even with all of the wires he had on him, he was beautiful and perfect to me. We found out that he was having some trouble breathing, acid build up in his intestines and because I had spiked a feaver he was on several antibiotics to make sure he didn't develop any diseases. After our visit, I was wheeled into my recovery room where I had my first meal in over 36 hours. This consisted of graham crackers and apple juice. It was the most amazing food I had ever had.

Now we wait. We have to wait and see how Archer improves and how my recovery goes before we can get out of the hospital and go home. The doctors are all VERY optimistic and we will just have to hope for the best. More pictures and updates to come. Thank you to all who have called and visited us in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment