Monday, March 29, 2010
Archers First Doc Appointment / Bath
Well, after such an exciting week, and finally getting to go home with our baby...we had to say goodbye to the wonderful help / guardian angel of GeeMa. She of course did not want to go home, but had to. It is okay though, we will be seeing her soon for Easter! We also had to say goodbye to Nicks dad, as he had to head back to Louisville for work. Darn work taking everyone away! But, the good news is that Tia Melissa arrived early this morning to meet her nephew. She also came to help me out, but lets face it - - I know what her priorities are! After a little bit of sleep, everyone woke up the next morning so that Nick and I could go to Archers first doctors appointment. He had to have this to check his bilirubin levels for Jaundice. After a very thorough check up, his pediatrician said that he looked GREAT! He has put on 4 ounces and added two inches to his length. I was glad to hear this, because apparently we are doing something right! After his appointment, Nick and I where very daring and ran some errands as well as got lunch at P.F. Changs. Why did we do this? Well, I had an appointment with my OB later on in the day in the same part of town. We didn't want to go all the way back home (45 minute drive) just to have to come back. Everything went swimmingly until we actually got to my doctors office. Archer had enough and was hungry. Well...as I am not an expert yet at breast feeding, this proved to be quite a challenge. After a little bit of feeding in the waiting room...a small breakdown in the exam room (by me of course) and a clean bill of health from my OB...we headed back home...THANKFULLY. When we got back home, Melissa had done all of my laundry and even cleaned the bathrooms! What great help. She also cooked dinner and then took on the task of teaching Nick and I how to bathe a new baby. While this made me very nervous, she showed us how to do it and I think that I will be able to take on this task after she is gone. Here are a few cute pics!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment