Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Exciting News!

Nick and I went to our 38 week doctors appointment. I was not in a very good mood on the way to the appointment. I think it was because I knew we were headed to a routine appointment where Dr. Wyatt was going to tell me that everything looked great and we didn't have much time left. I am just so ready to see this baby, and I really didn't want to hear that I still had another two weeks (or possibly more) left. Well...boy was I wrong! We got to our appointment at 2:00 and waited a little while for Dr. Wyatt to come in for our appointment. After the usual measuring, poking and prodding, Dr. Wyatt shocked both Nick and myself by saying he was going to set us up with an appointment to be induced on Monday, March 22. I could hardly believe my ears. I wasn't sure how to respond to this news, so I asked the doctor how much this little guy weighs. He again shocked me with, "eight plus pounds, Mrs. Mandy." Something that I was not in the slightest bit ready to hear...thus the reasoning for the induction! After collecting ourselves for a moment, Nick and I proceeded to set up the induction appointment. Words cannot describe how UNBELIEVABLY excited Nick and I felt to know that no matter what, we would see this baby sooner then we had originally thought. We immediately called family members to update them with the crazy news. Everyone seemed so very excited for us. We are truly blessed with the support system of both of our families, even if they are so far away. So, now the countdown officially begins until Monday at 11 AM. Who knows, he may show up early...but at least I know that on Monday we will start the labor process and I will finally meet this little person that Nick and I created. We will keep everyone updated as much as we can via texts...phone calls...everything. Now what to do to keep my mind and body busy until Monday..........

No comments:

Post a Comment