Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Archer Update!





Archer was moved from the NICU to the stepdown NICU. All that we know this means is that he is getting better every day! It seems as though each time we go to visit him, more wires and tubes are being taken off of him! The doctors all seem to think that he should go home with us on Saturday. His progress has so far been wonderful and they see no reason that he should have to be here any longer then Saturday. They should be moving him from an isolete to a open crib in the next day as well! I also attempted breast feeding for the first time today, and it went wonderfully! This whole time I have been using a pump and we have been feeding him out of a bottle, but now that I know what it is I am doing, we can now breast feed! My recovery is going okay. I somehow removed a staple from my incision, but the doctor says it is nothing to worry about and that everything looks great! I am supposed to do round the clock feedings tonight, which I am actually excited about! I too am following Archers lead and getting more and more wires / tubes taken out of me. I know we have two more nights in the hospital, but I cannot wait to bring our little family home! Here are some pics from the past couple of days. One is of Nick changing his first diaper, then both of us feeding him for the first time with the bottle. Things are looking great!



No comments:

Post a Comment