Wednesday, March 3, 2010
36 Week check up
We ventured to our second doctors appointment here in Arkansas for my 36 week check up. Everything went very well. At this check up, I got a Group B Strep test done, which is some kind of bacteria that they test you for that doesn't affect the mommy, but can cause harm in the baby. Just another test taken in order to make sure your baby will come out completely healthy. I won't know the results of that until my next visit...which will now be once a week! I go back to see Dr. Wyatt on March 10th, and weekly visits are probably just going to make me all the more anxious! While at this visit, Dr. Wyatt told Nick and I that everything looked great, and that I was healthy and so was the little man. We heard his heartbeat, which will never get old...even if I had to visit every single day! The doctor also let us know that I was 25% effaced and that he just had a hunch that I wouldn't make it to 40 weeks. I don't know how he knows that but I just hope he is right! On a bit of a graphic note, the 36 week cervical check is not something I wish to go into any great detail about. I will just say it is unpleasant and that it forced me to the conclusion that natural childbirth is just not an option for me. Enough of that subject...I will be spending the next couple of days trying to get my hospital bag in order, hopefully pick out a diaper bag and picking something out to bring the little man home in. I am hoping that by keeping myself busy, the days will just FLY by! Should work, right??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment