Recently, Archer has not been sleeping well in his crib. For awhile I thought it was just more teething. Then, two teeth broke through and the 4 a.m. wake ups did not stop. I wondered what was going on. I decided to do some investigating. One night, I sat in his room for a while and watched him sleep. I found out that he quiet often gets stuck in precarious positions. This little dude wiggles SO much in his sleep, and I witnessed him get his arms and legs stuck in the rails of the crib. I then began to do what I always do, which is read up on when and how to move your baby into a full sized bed. After countless articles and lots of conversations with wonderful family members and girlfriends, I decided to convert his crib into a full sized bed. Many of the articles I said suggested waiting until your child was at least two, and a majority of them said that three was the best time. Wellll...that would be fine if you have an average sized child. The dude on the other hand is not so average sized. He has recently just gotten so tall. I swear, every morning he looks like he has grown another inch. Anyway, with wonderful help from some friends Archer's big boy bed was assembled and this is what it looks like:
And here is a close up of the pillows. We have ordered a few more Marvel super hero items, as this will be the theme for his room. The other stuff that I have ordered should class it up a little though. I didn't want it to be TOO cartoonish.
Now, at 4 a.m., one of my four legged children, BeauLeaux fell out of MY bed. The dogs don't usually sleep in the bed, but since Nick has been gone...I have kind of spoiled them. Anyhow, when BL fell out of the bed I checked to make sure he was okay and then figured I should check on Archer. I went in there and found him sound asleep ON THE FLOOR! I quickly moved him back to the bed (he didn't even so much as open an eye) and there he slept for another 4 hours. So, I think the first night in the bed was a success. Nap time was a little more challenging, as I had to stay in the bed with him until he fell asleep. We shall see how tonight goes! Hoping for the best!


No comments:
Post a Comment