This past week, a wonderful thing happened. One of our Corpus Rock family members came to visit here in Colorado Springs. Kelsey and her two gorgeous girls, Piper and Callie drove all the way from Little Rock to come and see us. Well, not really just us. Kelsey parents live in Monument, so we were not the ONLY reason they came to visit! ;-) At any rate, last week was so much fun. First we just had a nice little afternoon play date.
The next day, we went to the Denver Aquarium. I, sadly did not get any pictures of this because Archer was too busy looking at everything! To say that he loves an aquarium is the understatement of the century. I believe that we could have stayed there all day and he would have been content. I think the girls had a good time too! We decided to go to a little play place in the mall on the next day. It was a lot of fun for the kiddos as well. There is lots of stuff to climb and jump on, so Archer certainly had a blast and was worn out by the time we got into the car. The following day we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I am pretty sure I had the best time out of everyone. I know that the kiddos enjoyed all of the animals BUT we got to feed a Giraffe while we were there and that was amazing to me. Archer was a little afraid of the giraffe, but still seemed very curious as to what was going on. Here is a picture of Piper after she fed the giraffes.
To say that our visit was fun does not even do it justice. I am so glad that the girls were able to visit. I miss them so much, but look forward to getting to see them again in October! It was also nice to be able to chat some with Kelsey again. She is such a wonderful friend and I am glad we could spend some time together!


No comments:
Post a Comment