Monday, August 15, 2011
Good Night, Momma
Tonight, the most special amazing thing happened. I went to put Archer to bed for the night. We did our usual evening routine, reading his book, singing a few songs and then tucking him into bed. As I walk out of his room every night I say, "night night buddy. Momma loves you." Tonight the moment after I said my usual phrase, it was returned with the sweetest, "night night, momma" that my ears have ever heard. There was no mistaking what he said. It was crystal clear and I stood in his doorway stunned for a few moments. I wanted to rush back in there and give him hugs and kisses, but when I turned to do so he already had his eyes closed. Ahh, motherhood. It may not always be glamorous, but it sure does have some amazing rewards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment