Yesterday was such a fun day for us. We headed out early since the earlier we get out, the better Archer behaves. We made it to Build - A - Bear at Chapel Hills Mall right as the opened. I wasn't sure what this experience would bring us, seeing as we were going there with a 13 month old. When we got there, Nick set Archer down and Archer acted as if he had been there a million times. He went right over to where all of the bins are, looked for a few moments and selected a bear. It was as if he had the entire thing planned. I was blown away. After picking his bear, the bear was stuffed with a heart and a voice recording from Nick.
I figured this would be a great thing for Archer to have while Nick is away. I have been reading SO SO SO many articles on what best to do for kids during a deployment and I thought this fit in perfectly. Anyway, after the bear was stuffed and cleaned off, Archer hugged the heck out of it and would not let it go.
We had a hard time getting him back into his car seat! We ran a few other errands while we were out and about then came home for Archer to have a nap. After that, we went to Ted's Montana Grill for dinner with Meg and Doug Fletcher. It was very yummy, and while Archer was a handful we still managed to have a nice time. We are supposed to get more snow this weekend, but as of right now the day looks GORGEOUS. Hopefully we will get out and about soon to enjoy some of this day! Archer has been battling a bit of a cold (that he has passed along to his momma) so hopefully he will feel up to heading out and about later.


No comments:
Post a Comment