
Well, today was just chalk full of emotions for me. I went to Target today with two goals to accomplish. One was to buy Archer a wagon (his birthday gift from his Gee-Ma and Pop-Pop) and the other was to find some sort of bin to pack away all of Archers bottles and my nursing odds and ends. Happily enough, I was able to accomplish both of these things. I didn't much think about it when I purchased the bin but when I got home from the store first I laid Archer down for his afternoon nap. Then I proceeded to pack up all of the above mentioned items. As I was packing up various bottles, nursing pads and my pump I found myself a little teary eyed. This was very much unexpected. I got to thinking about how it seemed like the little dude's first year of life seemed to fly by but it seemed like a million years ago that he was drinking out of these little ti-tiny bottles. I did not think that we would have him off of bottles so quickly after his first birthday, but it was kind of a choice he made all on his own. We have been using sippy cups for a while now, and when we got back from Georgia he didn't seem to want anything else but his cups. Of course, now we have a million sippy cups laying around the house so the space the bottles did take up was quickly taken over. Still, a very bittersweet day for me. Just another reminder about making sure not to take one moment with Arch for granted.
On a happier note, Archer did get a wagon today. He seemed very pleased with his birthday gift. While he was napping, I assembled the wagon and had it all ready for him when he woke up. I wish I had captured the face that he had made when he saw the wagon. I will put it this way - after we walked around the neighborhood in the wagon, I brought it back inside and he did not stop playing in and around the wagon for the rest of the afternoon. He even had his afternoon snack IN the wagon! Needless to say, he LOVES it. Good choice Gee-Ma and Pop-Pop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment