What an amazingly busy weekend we had! Friday night we brought Archer to his very first wrestling match. We went to the Air Force Academy and watched as the Fighting Falcons beat North Dakota State University. It was a lot of fun, and from the moment Archer saw the mat and the guys wrestling, he smiled (huge) and laughed a lot. I am pretty sure he enjoyed himself. We got a picture of him watching but it is on Nick's phone, so I will have to upload it to the computer later. On Saturday, Nick and Archer went to the park while I went to a "Chocolate Party." One of the wives here is an independent Dove chocolatier. Something right up my alley! I went and ate entirely too much chocolate and chocolate items but it was a lot of fun anyway!! When I got back home, we loaded up into the car to drop Archer off at Mrs. Helen's house so that we could have DATE NIGHT!! Nick and I went to dinner and thoroughly enjoyed each others company. It was a wonderful time.
On Sunday, we got up early and headed down the road to Denver. It is a short trip, only about an hour and fifteen minutes. We went to Denver to meet up with one part of our Corpus Rock family, The Riebers. It was WONDERFUL to see them. We went to lunch first in downtown Denver at Yard House. It was very yummy. After that, we took all of the kiddos to the Denver Children's Museum. They had an area specifically for our kid's age range, so it was a lot of fun. Archer had a great time crawling all over the place and playing with all of the toys. We got a few priceless pictures.
After we got back from Denver, we headed over to Thomas and Sara-Jo Klusker's house for dinner. Thomas is a navigator in Nick's squadron and his wife, Sara-Jo and I have talked a lot since I began going to spouse events. They have a little girl, Savannah who is three and is just a trip. She is adorable and funny. They also live right down the street from us, which is awesome. What makes things even better is that they are from South Carolina...so some southerners to hang out with!! YAHOOO!! The only downside is that they root for South Carolina...but we can look the other way on that! We had a very yummy dinner and some fun conversation to end our weekend with. We look forward to hanging out with them again soon! So, after that weekend...we really need another weekend to rest up. Too much fun!!


No comments:
Post a Comment