
Well, after what turned out to be a GRUELING 12 hour car drive, my trusty copilot BeauLeaux and I made it to Jacksonville, Arkansas. It was not a fun drive because for 700+ miles, it rained! I do have to thank all of those who called me or who I called in order to keep myself awake. I am pretty sure BeauLeaux had a great time, because he decided it would be appropriate to stick his nose in my cookies and cream milk shake that I got on one of our stops (we had many, lots of potty breaks) which caused him to have whipped cream all over his nose. I wish I could have taken a picture. His antics did not stop there. On a separate stop much later, I got myself another treat from Starbucks - some yummy raspberry lemon bread. I have to have treats on car trips, otherwise I go crazy. No sooner had I set it down in the car did BeauLeaux decide I had purchased it for him and had swallowed the whole thing in one gulp. At least he made the car ride entertaining. He is not usually one to do such things, we leave that to Buck. But we made it safely to our fancy Days Inn. Nick should be here either tomorrow or on Saturday. I will be spending the day looking for a house tomorrow. Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment