YAY FOR BEING HOME IN GEORGIA! So, our original plan was to leave Texas and make the loooong 16 hour trip home at midnight 12/24. Nick had to fly all day on 12/23 so he was going to come home, take a nap and then hit the road. Well, as I figured would happen Nick tried to take that nap but was way to excited and we wound up leaving Corpus Christi at 8:30 p.m. After a VERY long night and day, we made it to Lawrenceville at 12 p.m. on Christmas Eve, surprising Nicks parents. After a quick hello and unpacking of the car we SLEPT! I wanted to head over to my cousins house for Christmas Eve, but we couldn't function like normal human beings without the sleep that we had. As for Christmas day, in a word it was WONDERFUL! We woke up at my in laws house to lots of wonderful gifts and yummy goodies in our stockings. Sarah and Jeff (Nick's dad) played Santa and handed out all of the gifts. My favorite gift? I am not really sure! I got so many great things so all in all I couldn't have asked for more. After some breakfast, we got ready and went to my Aunt Lynn's house. I was so excited I had trouble sitting still on the 5 minute car ride. As soon as we got there, I had warm greetings from Lori Leigh who hugged me immediately and Maya and Lynn who said, "LET ME SEE YOUR BELLY!!" I couldn't have been happier. Plus, I racked up in some maternity clothes which was great! The day after Christmas held a wonderful surprise. We met up with some amazing friends we made while stationed in Milton, Leslie and David Scott at the Varsity. They were headed to Jacksonville to see their family so it was wonderful that it worked out that we got to have a quick lunch with them. We then went and saw Sherlock Holmes with a bunch of friends we had not seen. We have been SO super busy in the days that we have been here, and still have a ton of friends and family left to see. The next few days I am sure will fly by, but we are going to make the most of it. I am looking forward to tomorrow night when we are getting together with quite a few of our friends at Katie Buttons house. Pictures to come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment