So we are officially one day away from finding out what sex the baby is! I couldn't be more excited or anxious. In order to kill some time today, I got on the Internet to check out what silly old wives tales I could find that supposedly help predict gender. I went ahead and did a few of them, plus one really funny one of my own. Here are my findings:
Test # 1 - Carrying high or low?
I think I am carrying low, but at times it seems to be right in the middle. But, since that is not an option, I will go with low.
Result - Boy
Test #2 - Heart Rate, high or low?
If the baby has a heart rate of 140+, then that is supposed to be a girl. If it is lower then 140, then the baby is a boy. The last doctors appointment told us the heart rate was 157.
Result - Girl
Test #3 - Chinese Birth Chart
By imputing my age, lunar calendar age and when the baby was conceived, the Chinese birth chart predicts what sex your child would be. It is crazy because it is said to be 90% accurate.
Result - Boy
Test #4 - Even and Odds
An old Mayan legend uses even and odd numbers to predict the sex of the baby. It says that if your age at conception and the year of conception are both even, it is a girl. If one is odd and the other is even, it is a boy. My age at conception - 26, year of conception - 2009
Result - Boy
Test #5 - Wedding Band
If you take your wedding band and tie it from a string, and hang it over your belly. The motion of the wedding band is supposed to predict the sex. Swaying like a pendulum is a boy. In a circular motion is a girl. Mine went back and forth like a pendulum.
Result - Boy
Test #6 - My fave, Buck and Beau Leaux
I took two bowls, one pink and one blue. I placed a treat in each bowl. Separately, I had each dog come and and based on which color bowl they choose, that would be their gender prediction. Check out the pics, they make me laugh.
Result - Buck : Girl Beau Leaux : Girl
So where does that leave us? 4 tests for boy and 2 for girl. Who really knows?? I had fun doing all of the tests, so we will just have to wait for a confirmation tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. I am going to put up another poll to see what everyone else thinks - be sure to vote!


This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. I spent all night making meatloaf hands carving pumpkins watching Grey's and roasting pumpkin seeds to wear myself out enough to sleep. I am so excited, sister! I wish I could be there with you.
ReplyDelete