Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Deployed Family Dinner

I just got back from a deployed family dinner. It is a dinner that is held here on base once a month. I didn't know if I should go because I haven't really started feeling like I am 100% back to normal and didn't know what kind of company I would be (on a side note...my appetite has come back!) for anyone, much less new people that I would meet. But, I was proven wrong. Lots of the wonderful ladies from our squadron were there. I also met a few new friends. It was a great morale boosting night. When we arrived at the dinner, we were given a raffle ticket. I quickly dismissed this since it seems as though I NEVER win anything. Well...tonight was my lucky night. My raffle ticket was called. They had so may prizes that you could choose from. I bypassed all of the gift cards and got Archer some kind of robot transformer toy. He seems to really like it. After the dinner they show a movie at the base theater. I would have loved to have gone but I don't think Archer is quite ready for a movie. It was a really fun night and I look forward to all the other events we can participate in!
Nick was able to skype me today. It was WONDERFUL to see him. Archer was full of smiles and silly noises for his daddy. It made Nick smile, so that was great. I think that technology is really going to be the biggest help as we go through the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment