What an amazing Sunday our little family had. After Archer had his morning nap...or I should say lack of a nap, we hit the road and headed to Palmers Red Rocks for a hike. It was a BEAUTIFUL day here in the Springs. After the snow we have been having, the high today was 68, so Nick and I knew we had to get outside and enjoy this day. Something we have learned in in the limited time we have lived here...weather can change almost instantly. Even if the five day forecast predicts one thing, you will most likely get something else. So, we headed up the mountain at about 1 p.m. Nick said it should only take about 2.5 hours, so I was very confident that I could handle this task. Well...Nick was wrong, and...so was I. We didn't really factor in two dogs and a baby. They require breaks...and we also hit some snow here and there on our trip. We did manage the very muddy trip in right at three hours, so it wasn't TOO terrible. We were EXHAUSTED by the time we got to the car. It was a blast though, and hopefully it will be a trip we repeat. I think that the trail will be so amazing when spring hits and everything is blooming. I also know the dogs had a great time, as we let them get SOOOO dirty and they were let off of their leashes for a lot of the trip. Anyway, here are some pictures from our adventure:
And yes...I DID sustain a minor injury during our hike. Beau Leaux got a little ahead of me at one point and of course I landed right on my rear end. I am not sure how I cut up my hand...but I did. Nothing major, but of course...we all know my middle name is grace.


No comments:
Post a Comment