Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Gone too long!!

Did we disappear from our little corner of the Internet? Just what on earth has this crazy Disney family been up to? Well, I will tell you...we moved and things have been CRAZY. Nick is still in Washington at SERE training, but for the past week, Archer and I have been doing some serious traveling. Lets back track a little bit...
Monday, September 13th - The Jones family had me over for dinner, making things a whole lot easier since I had packed up 99% of my kitchen.
Tuesday, September 14th - The UPack trailer was delivered. We had three days to pack up everything in the house and get it into the UPack trailer. Luckily, we have such amazing friends. Jared Jones and Gerad Gill came over to help me with all of the heavy lifting. The amazing Jennifer Gill also came over to watch Archer while I packed up odds and ends. We also went to Whole Hog for a big good bye dinner. Well, it wasn't so much a good bye as a see you later. I refused to say good bye to any of our wonderful friends. I know we will keep in touch and see each other again!
Wednesday, September 15th - I spend most of the day getting the rest of the UPack all packed up. I wanted to make sure that it was all packed and ready to be picked up the next day. That way I would be sure to get the trailer in Colorado by the following Tuesday!
Thursday, September 16th - UPack trailer is picked up and en route to Colorado. I also had the carpets cleaned and did last minute stuff to make sure the house was in good condition.
Friday, September 17th - We got up early to head to the Memphis, TN airport to pick up Archer's GeeMa. She was coming into town to help with the move and driving across country to Colorado. Later on that night, we picked up Pop Pop at the Little Rock Air Port who was also coming into town to drive Nick's bronco to Colorado Springs. I was SO happy to have so much help. I know I couldn't do this all by myself.
Saturday, September 18th - We hit the road towards Colorado! Our first stop was Wichita, Kansas. It was a rough trip, but Archer was a PERFECT ANGEL! He was patient and able to sit in the car (with many stops) and did not fuss TOO terribly much.
Sunday, September 19th - We leave early in the morning to hit the road to our final destination of Colorado Springs! Again, Archer was WONDERFUL in the car. I couldn't ask for a better trip. He seemed perfectly content with his toys and playing with GeeMa. We made it into Colorado Springs and got onto Peterson Air Force Base around 7 p.m. After checking into the lodge, we had a quick dinner and pretty much passed out.
Monday, September 20 - I checked into base housing and got the keys to our BEAUTIFUL base house. I couldn't be happier about the house, it is SOOOOO great!
After we got the keys to the house, we all headed over to get as settled in as we could. For the next three days, we spent moving into the house. The trailer was delivered and my mother in law and I unpacked the whole thing. We only had a few days to do so, because yesterday we got on a plane and headed to Atlanta to see friends and family. Again, Archer did great! I am looking forward to seeing everyone and having a nice time. This is the condensed version of the past week! More updates and pictures on the move soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment