Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lunch Meat Scare

So, I had a bit of a scare before the doctors appointment the other day. I didn't realize that lunch meat was a no no for pregnant women. I had a couple of turkey sandwiches the week before our last baby appointment. I found out from a friend that you shouldn't eat lunch meat because of a bacteria called listeria. This information of course caused me to feel very uneasy...after all the Cajun turkey we had was DELICIOUS! So, at our doctors appointment I asked about the dangers of lunch mean. My doctor put my mind at ease and said not to worry about what I had already eaten and that lunch meat when bought from a proper deli and then stored correctly at home was perfectly safe but limit my consumption. Needless to say I was delighted to hear this news.
Nick and I made our weekly trip to the grocery store the next day which of course we purchased more of the Cajun turkey and Cajun roast beef I had been enjoying previously. I was glad that this was still on my list of things to eat as food has not been tasting all that good recently and my meals are pretty limited. As we got home and put the groceries away, I picked up the lunch meat and as I went to put it away...gagged. Gagged so hard that I almost made myself sick. Needless to say, every time I open the fridge and can smell the lunch meat - - I gag. So, I guess that puts an end to the lunch meat issue I was having. Weird huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment