I know some are wondering just where in the heck I have been. I don't know how many people actually read this little blog, but I like to think that my lack of writing has been missed. I only have one excuse...my crazy, busy, emotionally unstable, zero to sixty from one minute to the other, whirlwind of a terrible twos child, ARCHER. Needless to say, life is CRAZY with a two year old running round. Lets start with a breakdown of my above description:
Crazy: This is a good and bad description. We have a lot of silly, giggling moments. Playtime is always fun, filled with learning and laughing. This can turn quickly into unhappy crazy that involves crying and tantrum throwing. We try to move past those times quickly.
Busy: There are not many times when Archer is not on the move. He will settle down and watch television for about 30 minutes at a time, but even then he is usually doing something else like driving a car around or coloring. He is in a state of constant motion.
Emotionally Unstable: A two year old's emotions seem to change from one second to the next. He will go from crazy, giggling boy to upset and crying in a matter of moments. Quickly after that, he will be in my lap acting like the most loving creature that ever roamed the earth. There is no telling what Archer you are going to get from moment to moment. It certainly keeps things interesting.
Zero to sixty from one minute to the other: This is kind of an echo of all the above descriptions. I may have a calm, loving little man who is sitting in my lap drinking his juice turn into a running at full speed wild man. I know a lot of parents that will tell me their child is having a "good" or "bad" day. This is never the case with Archer. It is constantly changing.
Whirlwind of a terrible twos child: I wasn't sure if the terrible twos really existed. But boy, do they. Archer certainly has selective listening. He also is just about as independent as a two year old can be. He likes to attempt to do things for himself...and when he cannot do these tasks, he gets very upset.
Now, I certainly do not want to sound like I am complaining. I love this child more than anything in the world. Nick and I created him, and there is nothing I would change about our life. I just wish I could reason with him a little more. This however, is not possible with a two year old. So, here is to learning and doing what I can to enjoy every day. The good thing is that he is dreadfully cute and for every tough, temper tantrum, blood pressure raising, painful moment...there are beautiful moments that I cherish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment