Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Never a dull moment...

It is pretty clear that Archer has quite the personality. I constantly have to be on my toes because I never know what he is going to do next. I know he has a very curious personality, as is proved by him continually getting into things and wanting to know exactly what is going on at all times. Well, I had quite the dose of all of these things this morning. Mondays are usually a big cleaning day for me. I try to get a lot accomplished so that for the rest of the week I can just tidy things. I was taking Buck and Beauleaxs beds out side to shake them out so that I could wash them. I thought Archer was right behind me as I walked outside. Well...he was. Except he was right behind me on the other side of the door slamming it closed. This wasn't that big of an issue, so I turned to go open the door for him and let him out. No sooner had I placed my hand on the door did I hear a the faint "click" and notice Archer's little mitts on the door lock. I quickly realized that HE HAD LOCKED ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!! Every door and window in our house stays locked pretty much 99.9% of the time. This is because I am a worry wort and think that someone is always going to break into our house. So, after a brief moment of panic I tried to pick the lock. Very unsuccessful at this, as I have no clue how to do it. Plus, nothing in the back yard was really perfect for doing the job. I was starting to sweat at this point. Archer was just looking at me from the other side of the door. I kept trying to act out how to unlock the door. Again, unsuccessful. I finally ran around the house just praying that maybe I had left a window open. As luck would have it...I had. However, it happens to be one of the smallest windows in the house as well as the one over the kitchen sink. Using all of my strength I managed to climb up and through the window. This was not my most graceful moment as I almost fell face first into a sink full of dirty dishes. I was very glad to be inside. I looked at Archer and pointed to the door knob and let him know this is not something to play with. I think I will be going to make a ton of hide-a-keys sometime this week. That was just too much for me. I can just FEEL the gray hairs coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment