Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

A boy and his puppies

I don't think that I have taken time to properly write about how pleased I am with our dogs. I was so worried about how they would act with the huge change of having Archer in the house. I was most worried about Buck, because he had never really been around children. BeauLeaux was raised around my niece and nephew, so I knew he tolerated kids. These fears quickly passed as I soon realized they didn't mind him much at all. For the first few weeks, they would pass by him with out much of a thought. Then, as he started to make more noise they did a lot more sniffing and many walk by licks. I then began to worry about how they would act when he started crawling. I knew that if they were in his path, he wouldn't navigate around them. I also worried that since Archer follows me everywhere, when it was feeding time there would be some kind of issue. Again...I was pleasantly surprised at their behavior and mannerisms. Archer has had his whole hand in their bowls and neither one of them seems to mind at all.
Now, to be perfectly honest...BeauLeaux is not the BEST with Archer. He gets very jealous and most of the time just stays away from him. He has never done anything to harm Archer though, which is good. He would just rather stay away from him...unless he is in his high chair with food. I thought I had a little bit longer before Arch would start sharing his food with the boys, but that started relatively quickly. Again, much to my surprise or giant dogs are SO gentle when taking food from Archer. I have never seen them open their mouths so slowly to anyone giving them food. I usually have to say, "easy" whenever I give them treats. Keep in mind we DO NOT feed the dogs table scraps. Before Archer it was a rare treat that they would get something from our plates. It also drives me CRAZY when Archer feeds them. I have to go get a wipe and wipe down his hands...throw away any food he may have touched after one of the dogs got a treat...it is a pain. Here lately we have been putting the dogs in their "room" (the laundry room has an area for them to sleep) and leave them until we are done with our meal. Much more sanitary that way. Anyway, here are a few pictures of Archer with his puppies:

No comments:

Post a Comment