Our trip was quite remarkable for a few reasons. One - I have not done any very strenuous working out in over a year...being pregnant and then having Archer did not make me into much of a fitness freak. The fact that I made it all the way up and back down with out passing out surprised the heck out of me. Two - Piper made the trip. She may have been carried for a lot of it...but still, a two year old tackling that is pretty impressive. On top of that, she still managed to have energy afterwards to play on the play ground! Three - I was in the presence of three very impressive daddies and an amazing Nana. Nick had an extra 21 pounds strapped to him and didn't slip, fall or pass out. He also made it to the top first. Jared carried Piper for a lot of the trip and again, he managed to make it to the top with out one bad foot placement. Kelsey's dad also went with us, and he kept a watchful eye on his daughter, making sure she was okay the entire trip. Kelsey's mom also kept an eye on Kelsey as well as entertaining Piper!! AMAZING!!Four - and by far the MOST impressive, Kelsey made it all the way up and back down at NINE MONTHS PREGNANT! That chick is my hero!! I know there is no way I could have done it when I was nine months pregnant, so she deserves some kind of award. After our climb, we all went to IHOP which was much needed and DELICIOUS! Many thanks again to Kelsey's parents for treating us to breakfast! To end our day, we came home and had a nice family nap. It was a GREAT day!!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Climbing up Pinnacle Mountain
We had SUCH a fun family day today! The three of us joined up with the Jones family and took a trek up Pinnacle Mountain. It was a great day to do it, as the weather was quite a bit more mild then it has been. We got there at about 8:30 a.m. and started up the mountain. Nick had Archer strapped to him, as there would be NO WAY I could make it up the mountain with the little man attached to me. This was a huge milestone because it was the first time Nick had worn the baby carrier. They sure did look cute though! I took this pic before we headed up:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment