Disney Family Blog

Watch our little man grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Well Baby Doc Appointment

Today we had our first well baby appointment. I was very happy because Nick was able to attend. I knew that Archer would be getting his first round of shots and felt very nervous about and knew I could not handle alone. The thought of someone sticking my precious boy with a needle scared the crap out of me. Anyhow, we went to the pediatrician on the base. She was very nice and made us feel comfortable. She checked Archer from head to toe. He weighed in at 15 pounds, 12 ounces. That little boy has certainly put on some weight. He is a far cry from the 7 pounds, 5 ounces he started out as! This put him in the 95 percentile for weight. He was 23 1/2 inches (50 percentile) and his head circumference was 41 centimeters (50-75 percentile). The doctor said he was perfect and that everything looked great!
Then came the shots........I knew this was going to be bad when the little boy who went in before Archer started screaming, I began to cry my eyes out. Archer was called into the torture room and received three shots in his poor little thigh muscles. Nick was at the ready with a bottle and just as Archer started to scream, Nick gave him the bottle. He took it for a few seconds and then became inconsolable for about 10 minutes. Luckily, we got him settled back down and I took him on a few errands and then brought him home so he could rest. It was a rough day for us, and one that I am not looking forward to repeating in two months. BOO shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment