This is something I have been dreading since Archer cut his first tooth...teeth lead to dentist appointments. I had read and heard from everyone that you should take your child to the dentist six months after their first tooth appeared. Well, here we are almost a full year after he cut his first tooth. I figured it would be okay, since other experts say that kiddos shouldn't see a dentist until after their second birthday. At any rate, we went to Archer's appointment this morning and to say that he did fantastic would be an understatement!! First, I have to say that Rocky Mountain Pediatric Dentistry is perhaps the most amazing place on earth. They made Archer's appointment so much fun for him! First, they had him come in to attempt x-rays...which he was not fond of at all. They didn't manage to get the x-rays done, which they said was okay. They proceeded on to the cleaning. Shockingly, they were able to get Archer to do a complete cleaning! They were surprised by this because most children his age do not let them use the machines, they just let them brush their teeth and do the fluoride treatment. Not Archer, he allowed them to clean, brush, floss and count his teeth. I am pleased to report that he has no cavities and absolutely loved his first dentist appointment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment