Dear October...where did you go? It really doesn't seem like it is November already...but it is! I have not blogged since Archer turned 1 & 1/2, so clearly a lot has been going on. Are you ready for a recap? Lets see...where to start:
The first weekend was Jäger weekend. I do not feel like going much into detail about THAT particular night. What I will say is that Nick and a couple of his buddies had entirely too much fun drinking entirely too much Jäger. It was his semi-birthday celebration, so I am glad that everyone had fun. I will admit that there was a lot of laughter.
The following weekend, we again had everyone over to our house for what Nick called an "epic weekend of college football." I made lots of yummy snacks and crazily enough...the dawgs pulled it out against rival Tennessee. Talk about a rocky STOP!! I however was allowed to have my
own fun, possibly a little too much. Again, no details...some things are better left unsaid!
October 15th marked the second annual Combat Dinning in for the 52nd AS. It is supposed to be a fun informal dinner that you make a wacky costume out of old uniforms and have a blast. Well, we certainly had a blast. Here are a few pictures of the group we were hanging around:
October 19th - all three of us boarded a plane for Atlanta. We were headed to visit family for a few days and then on October 22nd, we went to Chattanooga, TN for the beautiful wedding of Alexia Mena and Kevin Loughman. It was so much fun. We got to see a lot of old friends that we have not seen in quite some time. The wedding of course was gorgeous. We did take Archer to the ceremony, although he only lasted about 10 minutes. Nick took him outside and they played for the remainder of the ceremony. We then took him to the reception where he did not last long. He did not have very much of a nap that day and had no qualms with telling us how much he had needed one. It didn't matter though, he still looked great. His wonderful Gee-Ma accompanied us to Chattanooga. She picked him up from the reception and Nick and I were able to visit with
friends, dance and have a wonderful time. Here are my two handsome men:

After the wedding, we loaded up the car and drove to Louisville, Kentucky. We figured that since we were already part way there, we should go and visit Nick's grandparents as well as Nick's dad who is currently working there. I should have taken more pictures, but only snapped a few while we were there. We did wind up taking Archer to the zoo again, which he absolutely loved!! He responded more to the animals and was even able to identify a few of them.
We left Louisville on October 25th. We had to get back to Colorado for a few different reasons. One, Nick had to get back to work. BOO! Two...we had to get ready for Cynthia McDermott and Michael McKenna's wedding. Two weddings, two weekends in a row!! It was a bit crazy, but we certainly did not want to miss seeing these two love birds get married. Again, we had a blast and got to see a lot of people that Nick winged with. It is always nice to see good friends from our military family. As I have said before, my Corpus Rock friends will always have such a special place in my heart. It was wonderful to have a night with the adults and have a ton of fun. Archer did go to that ceremony as well, but maybe made it through about 5 minutes. This time, I took him outside and we played in the leaves. After the ceremony, the wonderful bride had made arrangements for childcare, so we were able to drop Archer off in trusting hands and have a blast.
Finally, we come to Halloween. I will have to do that in a separate post. This one is starting to overwhelm me! Hopefully I will have that up sometime soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment